Tuesday, January 9, 2018

hard tasks

It seems to take me so long to read anything of Gladys Taber's; the books consist of a great many short sections on a number of things, each one separate and most of them worth pondering for a while - you can't just plow ahead like with most books.

"...better to live one day at a time. This is a hard task, often, for we tend to keep going to the past and trying to live it over again or looking ahead and uselessly trying to forecast tomorrow and next week and next year. But somebody has said all the time we really have is the NOW."

                                                        -  from Stillmeadow Daybook

4 comments:

  1. what a great quotation and so true!!! (ps: the potatoes on my blog were from a restaurant and I think had parsley in it! thus the green...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like red is in there, too, and I say it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent quote! I hadn't heard of her until I started seeing your quotes here. She seems a very good writer - so thoughtful. I also find it difficult to live for today - I am influenced so much by the past and am worried about the future - not mine really, but my family's. I am always lecturing my daughters and husband about living for today (all are very anxious people) but I don't do it myself!

    ReplyDelete