Monday, January 15, 2018

a surprise gift

My brother was in New York City over part of the weekend, so he met up with our cousins who live there. I was informed that he'd be bringing home a blanket that Yoko had made for me. I know she likes crocheting, but that was just a guess - I was told nothing else.

Well.



It's crochet, all right. All cream, with blue and bronzy-brown. 



Are you beginning to see how fabulous it is? 


This is a treasure - heirloom quality.

I can crochet, but I could not do anything like this.  I'm flabbergasted.


I've got it over the chair in the hallway. Away from cats and claws.

9 comments:

  1. wow! it's very beautiful!!! what a kind gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift. It is a lovely blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful! What skill she has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift! I know how much you will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - it looks like one of the unbelievable things our great aunts and great-great grandmothers made. Everything from the design and color to the stitching - amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really lovely! That pop of colours in the white/cream is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and considering she's never been here, it goes very well with the colors here. Amazing.

      Delete